Data of the Service Provider
HotelKer Szállodaüzemeltető Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság (HotelKer Hotel Operation Limited Liability Company)
Abbreviated name: HotelKer Kft. (HotelKer LLC)
Registered office: 7623 Pécs, Megyeri út 26.
Places of business: 7621 Pécs, Király utca 3. (“Palatinus Butique Hotel”); 7621 Pécs, Király utca 5. (“Palatinus Grand Hotel”)
Company registration number: 02-09-083804
Tax number: 26376536-2-02
EU VAT number: HU26376536
- Present “General Terms and Conditions” regulate the use of the lodgings operated by and the services provided by the Service Provider.
- Special, unique conditions do not constitute part of the indicated General Business Terms and Conditions, but do not exclude drawing up special agreements with tour operators and travel agents from time to time with conditions adjusted according to the type of business.
- The services provided by the Service Provider are used by the Guest.
- In the event of an order for services is placed by the Guest directly with the Service Provider, the Guest is qualified as the Contracting Party. The Service Provider and the Guest jointly – if the terms and conditions are met – become Contracting Parties (hereinafter referred to as Parties).
- In the event of an order for services is placed with the Service Provider by a third party commissioned by the Guest (hereinafter referred to as Agent) the terms and conditions of the co-operation shall be regulated by the contract concluded between the Service Provider and the Agent. In this case the Service Provider is not obliged to check whether the representation of the Guest by the third party is legal.
- With regard to the health risks of the activity, Service Provider can only provide the services in case the guest makes his/her name and address available to the Service Provider prior to using the service.
The Contract, the Reservation, Modifications, Obligation for notification
- Upon written or verbal inquiry by the Guest, the Service Provider makes an offer. If no order is placed within 48 hours of sending the offer, the obligation of the Service Provider to honour the offer ceases to be binding.
- The Contract comes into effect when the Service Provider confirms in writing the verbal or written booking of the Guest, and as such is qualified a Contract concluded in writing.
Any verbal booking, agreement, modification or the verbal confirmation of these by the Service Provider are not qualified as contracts.
- The Contract on the use of accommodation services covers a defined period of time.
If the Guest checks out prior to the end of a defined period of time, the Service Provider is entitled to 100% of the value of the service(s) laid down in the Contract.
The Service Provider is entitled to sell the available room before the contracted period of stay ends.
The Service Provider must approve in advance any extension of the use of the accommodation service that is initiated by the Guest. In such instances the Service Provider may request the payment of the fees for those services already provided.
- The Contract can only be modified and/or complemented by a written agreement signed by the Parties.
Terms of Cancellation
Unless otherwise stated by the hotel in its offer, the accommodation service may be cancelled without a penalty payment obligation until 14:00 local time one day prior to the arrival date.
- If the Contracting Party has not guaranteed the use of the accommodation services by advance payment, credit card guarantee, or any other contractual way, the Service Provider’s obligation to provide services shall cease at 14:00 local time one day prior to the arrival date.
- If the Contracting Party has committed to the use of the accommodation services by advance payment, credit card guarantee, or any other contractual way but does not check-in until 24:00 on the arrival date, or does not notify the Service Provider that he/she arrives at a later point of time, then Service Provider shall charge a fee set in the Contract, but at least the cost of one night’s accommodation as a penalty. In this case the accommodation is reserved for the Contracting Party until 12:00 PM (noon) on the day following the arrival day, after which date the obligation of the Service Provider to render services shall cease.
In the event of group bookings or events, as well as in terms of booking products subject to special conditions – if no unique conditions were laid down in a separate agreement – the below rules shall apply for cancellation:
Cancellation deadlines for individual reservations:
Cancellation of requested services within 24 hours after confirmation of reservation is free of charge. We will invoice cancellation fee in amount and under conditions as follows:
|Number of days before arrival date||Bed & Breakfast/Bed & Half board|
|45–21 days before arrival||30% of requested services|
|20–14 days before arrival||50% of requested services|
|13–4 days before arrival||75% of requested services|
|4 days before arrival and Non-show||100% of requested services|
Cancellation deadlines for group reservations
|Number of days before arrival date||Bed & Breakfast/Bed & Half board|
|59–30 days before arrival||50% of requested services|
|29–14 days before arrival||80% of requested services|
|13 days before arrival and Non-show||100% of requested services|
Joint reservation in the same time of at least 10 guests qualifies as group reservation.
No show without advance notice: 100% of the requested services.
In the case of early departure 100% of the remaining price is charged.
No financial reimbursement is provided for unused reserved services and changes to reserved services during the client’s stay (e.g., accommodation, boarding, treatments).
- The hotel room rates are displayed at the front office of the hotel. The price lists of other services are available at the given hotel departments (restaurant, spa, wellness etc).
- The Service Provider reserves the right to change its published rates without prior notification.
- When publishing its rates the Service Provider shall indicate the tax content of the rates (VAT, Local Tax) valid at the time of the offer in line with legal regulations, and shall indicate the exact amount of Local Tax.
- Discounts, special rates and offers are published at www.palatinushotel.hu.
Accommodation for children under 6 is free of charge, between the ages 6-12 the price is 50% off in case they are accompanied by their parents in the same room.
In the event of the booking of events, products subject to special conditions, or more than 10 guests at the same time (i.e., group bookings), the Service Provider may establish terms different from the above, or impose surcharges, to be set forth in a separate Contract.
Payment Terms, Guarantee
- Payment terms, guarantee: The value of the services provided by the Service Provider are to be paid by the Contracting Party following the use of the services and prior to departure from the hotel. However, in the case of a special agreement, it may be possible to make later payment.
- In order to guarantee the contractual use of the services provided and the payment of the value of those services, the Service Provider may:
- request a credit card guarantee, in the course of which the value of the ordered and confirmed service is blocked on the credit card;
- request advance payment of the fee in part or in full.
- The currency of the invoice issued to the Contracting Party is HUF, which will be issued according to the Hungarian tax legislation. The amount for services offered, confirmed and used in Europe will be calculated in EUR currency, based on the currency exchange rate used by the bank of the Service Provider, on the day of the arrival of the guest.
Cash payment can be made in: HUF, EUR. In the event of cash payment in EUR the Service Provider pays the amount that may be due as change in HUF.
- Other than cash, the Service Provider accepts prior bank transfer and the following credit cards as means of payment: Visa, EC/MC, American Express.
- The Service Provider accepts non-cash payments too (e.g., Széchenyi Pihenőkártya, and according to a separate contract: gift coupon, voucher etc). In the event of a reservation it is recommended to inform the Contracting Party about the possibility of the non-cash payment type to be used.
- Any costs related to any payment method are to be borne by the Contracting Party.
Terms and Conditions of Using the Hotel Services
- Guests may check into their rooms on the day of their arrival after 14:00 (Check in), and are required to vacate their rooms on the day of their departure by 10:00 AM, except for the case, when, according to prior agreement, Service Provider made Early check in or Late check out possible for the Contracting Party.
- Should the Guest wish to occupy the room before 6 AM on the day of arrival, he/she will also be charged for the previous night.
- Pets can generally be taken to the lodgings of the Service Provider. They can be kept in the rooms under the supervision of the Guest. They can use the common areas to access the rooms, but they cannot be taken to any other premises (restaurant, wellness, etc). Additional charge of pets is listed in the effective price list.
- The Guest will be held fully liable for any damage caused by his/her pet, and is required to pay the fee of the possible extra cleaning service on site, the amount of which is also listed in the effective price list.
- Guide dogs and other therapy dogs are allowed free of charge according to prior agreement.
Termination of Contract, Ceasing of Obligation to Provide Services
- The Service Provider is entitled to withdraw from the Contract to provide accommodation services with immediate effect, and to be free from all obligation to provide services, if:
- the Guest does not use the room or the building rendered for his/her use properly;
- the Guest does not observe the security and order of the accommodation site, treats the employees in an objectionable or rough manner, is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and displays menacing, offensive or otherwise unacceptable behavior;
- the Guest has a contagious disease;
- the Contracting Party does not meet his/her advance payment obligation by the agreed deadline.
- The Contract between the parties cannot be honoured as a result of “Act of God”.
Guarantee for Accommodation
- In the event that the hotel of the Service Provider is at fault for failing to provide the services listed in the Contract (e.g., overbooking, temporary problems of operation etc), the Service Provider is obliged to provide accommodation for the Guest without delay.
- The Service Provider is obliged:
- to provide/offer the services listed in the Contract at the rate and for the period confirmed – or until the conclusion of the incapacitation – in another place of accommodation of the same or of a higher category. Any additional costs for the replacement accommodation shall be borne by the Service Provider;
- to ensure the Guest is able to make a one-time phone call free of charge to give notification of the change of accommodation should he/she need to do so;
- to ensure the Guest is transferred free of charge to the replacement accommodation, and back to the original accommodation should that become available again later.
- If the Service Provider fully meets these obligations, and if the Guest has accepted the replacement accommodation, no subsequent claim for compensation will be accepted.
Disease or Death of the Guest
- In the event that during the time of using the accommodation service the Guest is taken ill and is not able to care for himself/herself on his/her own, the Service Provider is to offer medical help.
- If the Guest falls ill or dies, the Service Provider will require a cost compensation from the dependent, heir or person settling his/her accounts, for the possible medical costs, the value of services used prior to the death and the incidental damages done to the equipment and furniture in the hotel related to the disease/death.
Rights of the Contracting Party
- Pursuant to the Contract, the Guest is entitled to the proper use of the ordered room and establishments of the place of accommodation that belong to the usual service sphere, and are not under the effect of special conditions.
- The Guest may complain about the performance of the services provided by the Service Provider during his/her stay at the place of accommodation. The Service Provider is obliged during this period to handle complaints justifiably sent to it in writing (or minuted by the Service Provider).
- Any right to complaint by the Guest terminates after departure from the place of accommodation.
Obligations of the Contracting Party
- The Contracting Party is obliged to settle the value of the contractually ordered services by the date and with the method laid down in the Contract.
- The Guest will ensure that children under 14 under his/her responsibility shall stay in the hotel of the Service Provider only under adult supervision, the parent will be held fully liable for any damage caused by his/her child.
- Children under 10 are not allowed to use the saunas of the wellness area of the hotel due to health issues, in this respect providing supervision for the child is the responsibility of the parents.
- The Guest shall not bring in any of his/her own food or drink to the food and beverage units of the hotel.
A Compensation Liability of the Contracting Party
- The Guest shall be held liable for all damages and inconvenience suffered by the Service Provider or a third person as a result of the actions of the Guest, his/her escort or any person(s) under his/her responsibility. The guest is held responsible for paying the costs of the damage caused by him/her to the Service Provider. This liability remains in effect even if the aggrieved has the right to claim compensation for his/her damages directly from the Service Provider.
Rights of the Service Provider
- In the event that the Guest fails to meet his/her fee payment obligation related to the used services, or contractually ordered but not used services that carry a penalty, the Service Provider – to ensure the claim is met – has a right of pledge on the personal belongings the Guest has brought to the hotel.
Obligations of the Service Provider
The Service Provider shall:
- provide the accommodation and others services ordered based on the Contract in line with the valid stipulations and service standards;
- examine the written claim of the Guest and take steps to remedy the problem, which is also to be recorded in writing.
Compensation Liability of the Service Provider
- The Service Provider shall be liable for all damages suffered by the Guest within the establishment and caused by the Service Provider or its employee.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for damages that are the result of an unavoidable cause beyond the control of the employees and the Guests of the Service Provider, or that have been caused by the Guest himself/herself.
- The Service Provider may designate places in the hotel that Guests may not enter. The Service Provider will not be held liable for any damages or injuries caused in such places.
- The wellness area of the hotel is used by the Guests at their sole responsibility; there is an increased risk of slipping near the water, the hotel does not accept liability for such accidents.
- The Guest shall report to the hotel any damages suffered and provide all the information to the hotel which is necessary to clarify the circumstances of the incident or to take a police record/initiate a police procedure.
- The Service Provider shall also be liable for damages suffered by the Guest as a result of the loss, damage or destruction of his/her possessions if these possessions were put in places that are designated by the Service Provider, or usually used for this purpose, or in the safe of the Guest’s room or that were handed over to an employee of the Service Provider whom the Guest believed to be authorized to receive these possessions.
- The Service Provider shall be liable for valuables, securities and cash only if the Service Provider has expressly taken possession of these things for safekeeping, or the damages have occurred due to a cause for which the Service Provider is liable in accordance with the general rules and regulations. In such cases, the burden of proof lies with the Guest.
The maximum extent of indemnification is fifty times the sum of the contractual daily room rate, except if the damage is less than that.
- Service Provider shall not be held liable for valuables left in vehicles parked the parking lot/garage of the Service Provider. Reasons for damages to parking vehicles are investigated by Service Provider and if the damage occurred due to negligence on its part, Service Provider performs compensation.
- Service Provider shall not be held liable for valuables left at other areas of the hotel (such as common areas).
- In fulfilling its obligation with regard to the Contract, Service Provider shall proceed pursuant to Act LXIII of 1992 on the Protection of Personal Data and the Disclosure of Information of Public Interest, as well as Act CXII of 2011 on the Right of Informational Self-Determination and on Freedom of Information, and according to the standards determined by Service Provider’s Data Protection Regulations.
Act of God
- Any reason or circumstance (e.g.,: emergency, war, fire, flood, rigors of weather, power shortage, strike, virus breakout) beyond the control of the Party (act of God) excuses any Party from performing the obligations set in the Contract prior to this reason or circumstance existing. Parties agree to do everything in their power to limit the possibility of these reasons or circumstances occurring and to remedy the damage or delay caused by them as soon as possible.
Jurisdiction, Governing Law
- The legal relationship between the Service Provider and the Contracting Party shall be governed by the prevailing provisions of Hungarian legislations. In any legal dispute arising from the service contract, the court is authorized at the location where the services are provided and declared to have competence to handle the issue.
References and links
Palatinus Grand Hotel and Palatinus Boutique Hotel have no influence on the design and contents of third party material linked or referred to from its websites.
The websites, their text, diagrams, pictures and logos used and the collection of individual contributions are protected by copyright. Any duplication or use of such content in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the written consent of Service Provider. The details are given in the disclaimer of Service Provider.
In terms of the use of the website Service Provider shall proceed according to the standards determined by Service Provider’s Data Protection Regulations.
The present General Terms and Conditions are valid from 1 June 2020.